So Glad You Decided to Stop By

Monday, February 11, 2008

Can pick your friends, Can pick your nose, But...

So, I'm listening to the Christian Morning Radio Show again. I'm getting scared about this, because I tune in pretty much every morning. It's weird, but I really like them. Like I've said I usually don''t like Christian Talk Shows.

There are two hosts and they have some really great topics. If you're ever in the Western MA area check out 99.7FM. They're doing a great job there!

So, we are called to be in this world, but not to be of it. What does that mean? What does that look like? (John 17)

Jesus calls us to do some radical living. We are to be ever engaging our culture, yet never buying into it. We are to be ever loving the people lost in this culture, but never in love with or lost to that culture.

True Christianity, the kind that we see in the New Testament of the Bible is radical, controversial, a kind of cultural antithesis.

So, here is my thought.

What would my life be like if I truly loved like the Bible says to love?

What impact would I make on this world, but more importantly on the world to come?

How would my life be changed, those most closest to me, and the lives of countless others be changed?

Just some thoughts for us today...

Living Out Loud
Al

No comments: