So Glad You Decided to Stop By

Thursday, January 31, 2008

T-Minus 31 days.

The move is coming sooo fast, and I couldn't be more excited. I was out in Worcster yesterday, and at lunch...

Quick Commercial Break: Wild Willy's Burgers. Ohhhhhh, to die for. I recomend the "Stampede"

Back to the regularly scheduled Blog...

with Marty, Steve, and Darren. All of a sudden Marty gets a call. He is talking for a few minutes, and then hands it to me. It's one of mine and Erica's friends from Fellowship Church, Tanya (Pronounced Tan-yuh).

She proceeds to tell me about how her neighbor just came over to tell her that they are moving out of their house in the next couple of days, and letting the bank foreclose on their home. He also asked her if she knew anyone looking to buy a house. She knew we are looking, and referred us to him. I spent an hour talking to this guy from Tennessee, who had a wicked accent, and learned that we might be able to get his house for pennies on the dollar.

What's so incredible about this story, and why I am sharing this is that it showed me and now you how awesome God is. Erica and I had decided a couple of weeks ago that we would stop looking for houses. Not because we didn't trust God or anything, but because we thought He was closing the doors for that as an opportunity. So, God has thrown a wrench in the works here.

I mean what are the odds that on a day that I decided to be in Worcester, it just so happens that this guy comes to his neighbor's house to notify them they are moving. These neighbors just so happen to be our friends, that we haven't really know all that long, and this opportunity plops in our laps.

I think that's a miracle from God. I'll praise Him if we get the house, and I'll praise Him if we don't. God is truly alive, at work in the lives of His people, and He will reign regardless of if I let Him.

Much Love,
Al

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story man!!! I'm totally pumped for you guys!

hugs4jesus said...

It is awesome when His direction is clear. I'll be praying that He continues to be obvious to you in this process. And I'll be praying for you guys - we'll miss you!! Need details on the move so we can help!!